Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blue Hive Babies and Tiger Babies!

It's Teapot Tuesday and you know what that means? A totally incomprehensible post unless you read the Tuesday Teapot Challenges!  But, in layman's language, we are making baby cards for Splitcoast stamper Pat Smethers' daughter-in-law, Jamie, and her new little baby boy, Jon! Here is our inspiration teapot:


 There is always a fun story, and lots of laughs in the SCS gallery on Tuesdays!


It's a fine day in Cody, WY where the sun is shining and the town is aBUZZ with news of parades and babies! And my bees have left their blue hive (they are royal bees after all and also have blue blood) in the glittery finest (they are wearing their special party wings) to attend the Parade of the Day! They are all rootin' for Winnie to be Grand Marshall and are on their way to support the teeming crowds! I imagine some of them will get sidetracked and BEE at the tea party, where they will expect their honey to be served with tea instead of sugar lumps!
Congratulations to Jamie and the rest of family, and Grandma Pat and the Buckle Man! A new little blessing to love~
My images are by Hambo Stamps.  I used Tree Hive - 2711 and Tiny Bee - 3114, and the tag sentiment is done with rub-on letters. The hive is stamped twice, and then cut out and popped up on dimensionals. Each little bee has Diamond Stickles on his wings.


And now for Joy #3 (see this post for My 100 Joys).  I am sure that many of my joys will have to do with animals.  I just love them, and should have probably had a career in a zoo.  It is my favorite place to go to relax and just enjoy all of the different creatures in our world.  I will go winter or summer, doesn't matter!  I think that the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha (3 hours from me) is one of the best zoos in the country, and I made a little trip there last month.  One of the highlights was watching a tiger and her six month old baby girl cub play.  I think we stood there for 45 minutes just watching them.  It was so fun to see the strength and gentleness displayed by the mom, and also just their banter with each other. My friend took a great video that I will see if I can get, but I have these three pictures (again from my phone - kind of grainy) to share with you today.  Thanks for the visit!





Stamps: Tree Hive - 2711 and Tiny Bee - 3114 by Hambo Stamps
Paper: So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, SU! Designer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Copics, Spica Glitter Pens
Accessories: Spellbinders die, button, twine, tag, rub-ons, EK Success border punch, ric rac, grosgrain ribbon



5 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job with the challenge!! I love how your card carries a whimsical feel just like the teapot!! The tigers are very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby card. The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is adorable!!! I love it - everything about it! The Omaha Henery Dorley Zoo is AMAZING it is one of the best zoos in the US!!!! It is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful baby card for the SCS challenge! Love your pictures. Wish I was there to see the tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely a cute card.The blue bees and hive are so cool. Love the cats as well. Cats are my love I have 2 Tabby's right now.They are a mother & baby, the baby is 10yrs old and she is the queen, she rules over her mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!