Saturday, April 30, 2011

Inspired by Trees

Yesterday was Arbor Day, and I got a gift certificate to a local nursery for a tree! I am excited to choose one (probably a pink one!) and get it planted in my front yard. 

For today's SCS Inspiration Challenge 282, I chose this art print. I loved the soft colors. I used to have giant birch trees in my yard and I have always loved the shape of the leaves. I don't have a bluebird stamp to go with this, so I incorporated the color of the bird instead. I embossed the bottom half of my leaf panel with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

And for Joy #17, Happy Birthday to my beautiful mom today! We will be going to the community theatre performance tonight of Cookin' With Gus and having a lovely dinner there. My mom is awesome and I love her lots~! 
Stamps: Be the Birch Tree by TLC Creations
Paper: Basic Grey DP, Kraft, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF, Rolodex punch, taupe ribbon, button, baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. Wow Judy this is one beautiful creation what a wonderful image and verse I am also loving the papers, colours and design this is super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!