Friday, April 27, 2012

Hello Friend

I have gotten some really fun stamping happy mail this week, and today I am showing a little bit of it. I got this  beautiful paper from October Afternoon's Sidewalks Collection from one of those steal sites (I subscribe to a few and now I can't remember which one it was) and it fit fairly well with the colors for this week's Color Throwdown 189 Challenge. I didn't have Cherry Cobbler (gotta order that!), so I subbed in a red.


The images are from the VIP Sweet Safari Collection I got from My Favorite Things this week, and this set is just darling. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored in using Copic markers. I followed Deconstructed Sketch 49.

My amazing friend, Holly, is the SCS Queen for the Day this week, and I also made this card based on her You Make My Heart Spin.  I kept the red stripes, and a girl as the main image, and then changed a few other things. :)

In other stamping news, I am pleased to be returning to the I Brake For Stamps Design Team for the summer. Look for an IBFS post here each Thursday,  beginning May 3.

Stop back by tomorrow where I will have details of a GREAT sale you won't want to miss, and a fun little creation to share.

And now, finally, my recipe for my Bruschetta Dip I am making for the picnic this weekend (see yesterday's post):

Hot Bruschetta Dip

Ingredients

  • 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
    1. In a small bowl, mix roma (plum) tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, parsley and olive oil. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
    2. Remove top layer of rind from brie. Place brie in a small microwave safe serving dish. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until the cheese begins to soften. Spoon roma tomato mixture over the cheese. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until slightly melted. Serve immediately with Paris toasts or other dried breads. 
Enjoy!





Other challenges for this card:
Inky Impressions -  anything goes
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes



Stamps: VIP Sweet Safari Colection by My Favorite Things 
Paper: White, October Afternoon Sidewalks DP, So Saffron 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics B000, B93, B95, E13, E15, E18, R00, R20, R22, R24, Y35 Accessories: October Afternoon button and chipboard photo corners, Spellbinders penneant die, circle die & oval die, True Hemp (Really Reasonable Ribbon), distressing tool

5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card - love your color combination! I also printed out the recipe - it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! I love MFT stamps and your card is amazing! Love the colors, DPs, shapes and layers. This one goes into my inspiration file & your recipe into my recipe file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! Love all the pretty papers!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy this card is just so lovely. You have used some of my favourite papers and they all look great together. I love the main image as well, it has all come together perfectly.

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!