Sunday, September 2, 2012

Featured Stamper Sunday and Hambo Stamps!

It's Featured Stamper Sunday at Splitcoast today and one of my sweet team mates for Hambo Stamps is this week's honored stamper! Carolina Little has such a fun, creative style, and I was excited to case one of her cards.
My images are Wishing Well and Wishing You Well by Hambo Stamps. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink for the well, and then colored in with Copic markers. The sentiment was then stamped in Blue Bayou ink (I love and miss that color!). Here are the markers I used:
With the Featured Stamper Challenge, you are to change at least two things from the original. I kept the same layout and images, but changed colors, die cut, and added some extra embellishments and layers. My designer papers are from the Sidewalks Collection by October Afternoon and Dots & Stripes by Echo Park (Can you see that striped green layer? I thought it added some whimsy!).
One of my favorite designs that Bonnie carries in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store is this sweet Floral Satin:
It adds such a nice delicate look to your projects and comes in five beautiful colors: Hot Pink, Daffodil, Aqua, Blue Topaz and Light Orchid. On today's card I used the Aqua Floral Satin, which is my favorite of the five. The other trim I used from Really Reasonable Ribbon is the Hemptique Lime/White Baker's Twine. It comes individually as a spool, or as part of the Tutti Frutti set. I wrapped it around the bottom of my Spellbinders die to accent the lime crocheted flower. Click on the photo for a close-up!

There is a new challenge on the RRR Blog too! It's all about Back to School & Ribbon!

I hope you will come on over to SCS and play along! Congratulations, Carolina!
Other challenges for this card: 
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes 
ATCs & Cards With Attitude - Anything Goes 
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
Copic Marker Europe - Summer card
Waste Not Wednesday - always "use your forgotten stuff" (Sizzix die)
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Stamps: Wishing Well - 2905 and Wishing You Well - 2904 by Hambo Stamps
Paper: Dots & Stripes DP (Echo Park), Sidewalks DP (October Afternoon), X-Press Copic Blending CS, Sage Shadow
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blue Bayou, Copics
Accessories: crocheted flower, paper flowers (Prima), silver half pearls (Mark Richards), Sizzix leaves die cut, Spellbinders die cuts, Aqua Floral Ribbon and Hemptique Lime/White Baker's Twine (Really Reasonable Ribbon)

5 comments:

  1. Judy, this is beautiful! I love that crocheted flower. Great image and wonderful layout!! Yep- beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Judy! Love that image and your crocheted flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along with us at QKR Stampede this week. I love your creation;) and that is delightful ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so very pretty. Great colors and composition. Thanks for playing with QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! So glad you shared it with us at Catch the Bug! We hope you'll join us for our latest challenge! :)

    Scrappy - Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!