Thursday, February 28, 2019

Magical Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone!
I make a lot of monoprints, watercolor panels (mostly for practice), and wrinkled free distress ink backgrounds (also known as smooshed ink!). A lot of times they sit and sit, waiting to be used, or eventually end in the trash. With this card I decided to choose two "backgrounds" that have been waiting a long time in my background envelope. I just could never find the right project for them, but today I wanted to use pink, and these two have that!
They are on different kinds of paper -- the bottom, as you can probably see, has quite a bit of tooth to it, and is a heavier paper, while the top (still watercolor paper) is thinner and smooth. I decided to stamp flowers and sprigs from Trinity Stamps' Winter Botanical on the multicolored, smooth paper, and use the heavier for my heart base.
I stamped my images and sentiments in VersaClair Nocturne ink, and then cut them out with the matching dies to the stamp sets.
My sentiments are from Magical Sentiments. I layered my flowers along the bottom of the card, and on my heart.
I cut apart my sentiments and attached the words with Glue Dots. I popped up my heart, and then gave it a base of white and a matching peachy color.
And it's ready to send! Plus, I have many more cut flowers from that same panel for another card. Hope you will give this a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!