Saturday, March 16, 2019

I'll Always Have Your Back

You may have read about the major flooding in my state - Nebraska has more miles of waterways than any other state, and they all are flooded. While we sustained minor damage, so many others have lost everything. So it's a good time to let people know how you will help them should something happen.
Today I want to share the details of my card I posted earlier this week using the Freshly Made Sketches Sketch #379! It's a sweet sentiment for a friend – or a close relative – using the adorable Rhino Bird Day stamp set and matching dies from Trinity Stamps. To start, I made a grassy savanna using Shabby Shutters and Twisted Citron Distress inks. I stamped my images with VersaFine Clair Nocturne, and when dry, colored with Copic markers. I used Basis White from CutCardStock for my main panel. The matching dies make it so easy to cut out!
I popped up the watercolor panel with foam tape, and then also popped up the birds and rhino. I added two little clouds with silver linings to complete the scene. The sentiment was also stamped in Nocturne. I love what it says — it’s nice to have someone like that, isn’t it?

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Judy! That rhino with his little friends is so touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so adorable and such a sweet sentiment. I hope the flood waters recede soon and people can start restoring their lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!