Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #417

It's the first sketch of the year at Freshly Made Sketches! I am honored to be hosting this week with a sketch with classic lines and a lot of room for creativity!


I have had this stamp set from Technique Tuesday for quite awhile, but had never inked it up. It's called Barberry. I found it when I did a major organization overhaul of my stamp room last weekend, and thought it would be perfect for a sympathy card I needed. A friend's mother passed away suddenly the week before Christmas, so I was keeping a little of that seasonal look with this design. 

I colored using Copic markers, and used the Falling Snow embossing folder from Stampin' Up for my background.
I hope you will join us with your take on my sketch this week! Our challenge is open until 3 PM EST on Monday, January 13. Click on the links on the FMS blog by each photo to see what lovely things my teammates have created on their blogs!







11 comments:

  1. Love the pop of the berries against your beautiful background! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch, Judy! I love the elegant lines of the berry branch and added layers and texture from the embossed snow. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful sketch this week and your card is so pretty and inspiring! I love all that white space with the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white space and the berries popping off the page! Really cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crisp look of the red berries against the white. Such a pretty card! And this was a fun sketch to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful, Judy. I love the added texture and your choice of embossing folder is perfect. Thanks for a great sketch! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for a fabulous FMS sketch this week Judy! Love your card - it uses one of my favourite embossing folders of all time and those bright berries really pop against all that white; just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the white on white background and the great pops of color in the florals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful pop of color against your white background! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Judy! What a perfect CAS design! I totally love all this white with the pops of color. Thanks for this great sketch that allows for so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How perfect for your friend! I love all of the elegant white behind that those richly colored berries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!