Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #436

It's Wednesday, and that means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Jen B. is our hostess for today, and has created a sketch with lots of room to play!

This stamp set from Simon Says Stamp really caught my eye when I first saw it. The sentiments were just so sweet. It's called Stronger Together. I knew if I didn't grab it right away, that I might miss out, and it's the perfect set to use to encourage others right now.
I started by stamping the foliage down the side, and coloring with Copics. There is a matching die for that image, but I decided to keep it one layer. Next I made my ink blended circle with a stencil mask and blender brushes. I don't usually clean my brushes very often, and just use a different brush for each color family, but this one had a little pink left on it, which created a lovely, very subtle highlight for the center with the Shabby Shutters ink I had chosen. I stamped the sentiment using my MISTI and added three little sparkly enamel dots from my stash. 
Finally, I used my clear Wink of Stella pen to add sparkle to the leaves. I love how it turned out.
I hope you will join us with your take on the sketch this week! Our challenge is open until 3 PM EDT on Monday. Click on the links on the FMS blog by each photo to see what lovely things my teammates have created on their blogs!

Other Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, I love this card, and love that you and I had the same idea for a card of encouragement. The ink-blended circle is a perfect way to highlight a big greeting! Thanks for leaving a comment on my SCS post! Yes, GMTA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the sentiment and that highlight is lovely. Really wonderful, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and oh so appropriate for the times, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly lovely. I love your border of leaves with the yellow (and pink!) circle behind it. Wonderful with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card Judy! I love that giant circle and the pretty leaves! I truly believe Wink of Stella makes everything better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I am loving that leafy border with the soft background you've created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!