Sunday, June 21, 2020

Bees are Beautiful -- and CUTE!

My husband and I will celebrate our 38th anniversary next month. And it's really a miracle. Because -- on our very first "date," we got lost, drove around looking for his family for hours, and finally, when we meet them for a picnic (for which I fried a WHOLE chicken, made all sorts of salads and desserts), I get stung by a bee. Not once, but TWICE!! And I am allergic. It's actually a funny story to us now, and we wonder how we got to Date #2!

Even though I am allergic to them, I am always drawn to cute little bees, bee sayings, tees, and adorable bee images, like these from Dare 2B Artzy - BUZZY BEEZ and the matching dies!
The patterned paper (ALL THE BUZZ) matches perfectly! I made a smooshed ink background for my hexagon tag (Reverse Confetti) and then cut two little bee hive dies from black cardstock. I stamped the bees on white cardstock and colored them with Copics, then popped them up with foam tape, as well as the tag, and the sweet sentiment. Isn't it the cutest?


2 comments:

  1. This card is just amazing Judy! I love bees! That story of your and your husband's first "date" is perfect! Hilariously perfect though I'm sure at the time you didn't find it too hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is your card?!! I was chuckling reading about your first date. Congrats on making it to date two and almost 38 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!