Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #511

Today is Wednesday and it's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! The lovely Linda is our hostess today!

This watercolored pine bough has been in my "this didn't turn out like I expected but maybe I will use it someday" box for several years. Years! And while it wasn't what I had planned back then, it was perfect for Linda's sketch with all of the open space. I even had room to offset the card to the right, make a wonky layer, and distress the edges.

The paper has some texture to it, and little flecks of colors here and there. The stamp is from the Christmas Pine set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, using Always Artichoke (SU!) ink. The sentiment strip is from SSS. I added silver metallic thread from Kreinik, and red and white rhinestone gems from PFS.

I hope you will join our sketch challenge this week, and add your creations to our gallery! This challenge will end at 3:00 EST time on Monday, November 15th. Be sure to take a peek at the gorgeous cards my teammates have made on the FMS blog

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what I am impressed by more -- these beautifully watercolored pine boughs or that you could find something you made years ago! I love this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't have gorgeous things like that hanging out on my craft table for sure! This is gorgeous and oh so perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so admire your foresight in keeping a stamped piece for years! It just goes to prove that there's a place for everything! I love the wonky layers and the pine boughs are so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Judy! I love that pine bough background and it gives me hope that maybe some of the things I've put in the "maybe I'll use this some day box" might get used!!! Love the sentiment and the off set layers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now, if this card isn't the proof that we should never throw things away, I don't know what is! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!