Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hey Mothermark!

Open letter to Cindy Motherway:

You need to let it go. Really. You know pining after the Sexy Cowboy just makes you upset. You will never have him. He is elusive and never around when you want/need him.

What you need is Cowboy Joe! He is ready to lasso you with his rope of friendship! He is easy to find:
www.hambostamps.com/southwest.htm
and he is so smart that he knows there are no sahuaro cactus in Monument Valley (a shout out to all his Arizona friends!).

He even made a cake for you:
http://cakenouveau.com/cakes3.html
What do you think? Give him a try, Mothermark!
He wore his best silver star and even looks like he has bathed in the last week, unlike some *other* cowboys we know.......

====================
For today's SCS Inspiration Challenge 161: Cake Nouveau
Stamps: Hambo Stamps: Cactus - 0321; Cowboy - 2901; Rope Corner - 0601
Paper: Cosmo Cricket DP, Riding Hood Red, SU Watercolor
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Riding Hood Red, Blue Bayou, Bordering Blue, More Mustard, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: hemp twine, gold star brads, paper piercer, distressing tool, aqua brush
Techniques: watercoloring, distressing

12 comments:

  1. Bwahaha! I am more interested in Cowboy's Joe's Cake! Nuttin' yummy about Cowboy Joe, not like my WWW Cowboy! But, you know, he might be worth looking into if he comes with the cake! You know, one of those if you don't like the cake, you can return the cowboy type of deals? Snort!

    Mark my words girlfriend! One day WWW will be mine, probably not the cowboy, but the stamp set, maybe, I hope, I dream!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I got so wrapped up in the cowboy I forgot to comment about the card! It's so creative and how perfectly inspired by your the awesome cake you chose! I love it...you rock girl...

    I may have to pay you back, someday when you are least expecting it! Snort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just flying by, as there is a do for the couple who have run the Scripture Union Adventure Centre here for the last 20 years. We don't want to miss it, done so many camps there over the years between cooking and music - but I'm glad I saw this. I am so tired I don't feel like going anywhere, but it's brought a smile to my face and maybe some of cowboy Joe's energy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling cake inspired card Judy!! Good luck trying to get Cindy to follow another cowboy...*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy this is just one terrific card!!!!! Love the colors and your coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Judy! What great little Saguaro's - my house is a couple miles from Saguaro National Park...I even have one in my front yard! There you go makin' me homesick again! :)

    Love your card with the little lasso in the corner and all that marvelous piercing!! Should you be doing that with your hands?!?!
    hugs to you!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't you just love this challenge!! I got to play along, too :).
    Your take on this is SUPER ADORABLE!! Love your little lasso!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! I love the image, the layout and how all your papers and embellies enhanced the image. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee So so cute. I think Cindy should give him a try too. Love the lasso and the stars, great take on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute. I love how you paired it with the rope border - perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!