Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Circle of Life: Death, Wedding, Birth and all about Love


Don't bittersweet times seem to happen frequently? The past few weeks have been rather emotional for my family.


On October 25, my new sweet little second cousin, Macy, arrived in Boulder, weighing 7 lbs. 8 oz. She is a doll! Congrats Cory and Mary!

After a long battle with aphasia and alzheimers, my father-in-law, Wesley Rozema,  passed away on October 30.  The week before he had celebrated his 60th wedding anniversary and 80th birthday.  A man of great wisdom and love for his family, he will be sorely missed. His memorial service will be in Arizona the weekend after Thanksgiving.  All the family will be there; we haven't all been together since the 50th wedding anniversary celebration.  Kids, grandkids, and even great-grandkids now will celebrate and remember his life.

And finally a week later, my son, Steven, was married to a beautiful bride, my new daughter-in-law, Rachel, on November 6, in North Carolina.  It was a beautiful fall day, and the wedding was everything they had hoped for. They just returned from their Jamaican honeymoon yesterday.  Here is a little peek of their beautiful pictures:

So some bittersweet days to be sure. But one thing I know, it's all about Love and love of family.
Give yours a hug today and say
"ME LOVE YOU."

My card is made with images by Hambo Stamps, and the paper is by My Mind's Eye. I thought it would make a super cute Valentine! Or just a card to tell your loved one what they probably don't hear enough.

Enjoy your day!

(Look for my Unity Blog Candy tomorrow - today got away from me!)



4 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    Beautiful photos!!! They have such a warm feeling around them! And that card is soo funny! That sentiment is perfect for the image, love it!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, You are right, bittersweet is a good word to describe your week. My prayers to our God are with you and your family. My FIL was a similar situation - 1 month before the 70th anniversary at age 88. That was 3 years ago and I still look back with such fondness at the memories we created together.

    I just fell in love with your card and am headed to Hambo for the image. It is perfect for Valentine cards I will make for Operation Write Home (operationwritehome.org). Thanks for a wonderful post! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new little cousin and your new daughter-in-law. So sorry about your families loss-seems the pattern of life doesn't it?

    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Judy~

    Just reminding you that the Lord does not give us more than we can bear, with Him on our side. I pray that you and your family will be comforted by His love for your sorrow. And, I pray that He will protect and be present in your little cousin's life.
    Amen.

    The wedding photos are so beautiful. How memorable!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!