Monday, May 30, 2011

Patriotic Icons and Memorial Day

Today I want to share with you a card I made (before surgery, as is this post!) using Patriotic Icons from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  This set has everything you need to make wonderful tributes to our country and its patriots! Plus it is on sale this month!


I stamped my images in Indigo Versacolor pigment ink and then embossed the Liberty Bell with Nautical Embossing Powder. I love patriotic cards! 

And thank you to all of the families with military connections, whether present or past. You are so appreciated!

Want to help support our Troops? Check out Operation Write Home.  It has sent over one MILLION cards to Troops all over the world!


Challenges for this card:
Bunny Zoe's - lace (doily)
Kaboodle Doodles - show your country's colors
KB Cute Monday - anything goes
My Partner in Crafting Crime - uncolored image
Squigglefly - use 3 of something (buttons, definitions)
There She Goes - teal, red, ivory

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Judy! Love the colors you used and that doily and buttons are the perfect embellishment! I think that a lot of people don't even realize the true meaning of Memorial Day.

    Hope that you're doing well...don't over-do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card!!! I love the vintage look and feel of this. Thanks for joining us for our Show Your Colors challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous card.....hope you are feeling great and healing quickly...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, just love it! Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've incorporated this lovely Liberty Bell, Judy! Great card.

    Hope you're feeling better every day!

    ~bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card design and those patriotic stamps are fantastic! Love the trendy doily that you added too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. I love the strip of text!
    Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully patriotic card! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card and wonderful design!! I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for joining us at My Partner In Crafting Crime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a unique combination of elements, Judy! I hope your little paw is soon better and you're stamping again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Judy, this is so gorgeous! Love your patriotic theme here and the buttons are perfect!! Such a stunning creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Triple Digits Challenge last week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the great detail in your card!! Thanks so much for playing in our uncoloured image challenge at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!