Thursday, May 26, 2011

You Make My Heart Sing

I am writing this post almost a week ahead, but as you are reading this, I am probably in La-La Land. I thought that today's post would fit perfectly with this cute little bird singing la-la-la!

Why am I in La-La Land?  Today I am scheduled for carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand and left elbow.  That is stage 1. Stage 2 is the right hand and right elbow scheduled for next month.  I have no idea how long it will take to recover, or when I will get to stamp.  I am going to try one-handed by Monday, and I hope that things will turn out okay and that I am not making ugly. :) I don't think I can wait 4-6 weeks for each side to be able to stamp!  I have been putting this off for four years though, and now is the time.

I can't talk on the phone, wash my hair, sleep, type, stamp, or drive without my hands going numb.  So enough is enough and I am under the care of a very good doctor right now.  I told him I didn't want to hear ANYthing, and he said to tell them I wanted to be "snowed." No general, just a block and some La-La medicine! :)

Am I nervous? Yes. Everything I do involves my hands.  I have played piano in church almost every Sunday since I was 10 years old (yep!) and now I will be taking the whole summer off. I think I will be forced to learn to stamp CAS better now, don't you? :)

Anyway, my card today is made with a vintage image from TLC Creations called You Make My Heart Sing. I watercolored using dye inks and an aqua brush. Designer paper is the Annalee line by Prima. I think it's so sweet.

Thanks for stopping by today - wish me luck - and I hope to be back soon~!

Challenges for this card (added later!):
Crafting For All Seasons - anything goes
Color Throwdown 143 - So Saffron, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Bashful Blue
A Spoonful of Sugar - things with wings
Bearly Mine - die cuts and lace
Scrap-Creations - at least 3 different DPs
Paper Take Weekly - pretty pastels

17 comments:

  1. Hiya Judy!!! WOW, I just read your post! I wish you the best of luck and the best of, well, drugs for before, during and after :) I would be so wanting to be knocked out too!
    Thinking of you and knowing you will be back and better than ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Judy! The lace is gorgeous.Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    I really hope your surgery goes well and the recovery too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute, love the colors. Good luck with your hand and hope you will be able to stamp one handed.
    Hugs.
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that card, and I hope your hand is better again soon

    Greetings from Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well with the surgery Judy. Loving this card so much the design, colours and image are superb.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped by and love your invitation to comment. I was going to tell you how just loading your page made me smile, it's so beautiful and then I read your post.

    I was a music teacher and once cut into a knuckle quite deeply that my whole career and future flashed before my eyes. A small token of the anxiety I imagine you're going through.

    Saying a little prayer and hoping it goes well!

    Sprinkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, this card is beautiful. The layout and colors are fabulous and your coloring is exceptional. Good luck with your surgery - all will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Amber's Crafts and Stuff and best of luck with your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery so you can get back to crafting as quickly as possible.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, love the image and the DP's. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything went as planned and the you are recovering well :) Oh and love the card too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, lots of gorgeous details!

    Best of luck with the surgery, hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Judy! Love it! Best wishes for a successful surgery; you'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Judy!!
    Love your card ... but now I'm hoping that you're already feeling a bit better ... and that the fear/anxiety has passed on into more 'peace' with the upcoming resolution. Bless your heart! (((hugs)))
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..
    Hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!!!! Thanks so much for playing in this weeks challenge at Going Greyw with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card. Hope all goes well with your surgery and don't rush the recovery. You'll be back before you know it.

    Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. Hope to see you again soon.

    Natasha
    craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cutie image Judy, lovely design. Thank You for joining in at Bearly Mine Challenges x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!