Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's a Swamp Thing

It's kind of swampy around here. We have had two morning thunderstorms two days in a row. I love that, actually. It is so pretty...... until about 3 PM when the humidity is up in the 90s and so is the temperature! But right now it's misty and green.... humidity is 84%....just the right temperature for FROGS!
Today's SCS Featured Stamper is sevencats. Congrats to Claudia! I used this card of hers as inspiration for my Frog card. I stamped my images in VersaMark ink, then embossed the frogs with Black Detail EP and the sentiment with Bullfrog EP. I love that it's called Bullfrog! It has a nice green sheen to it. You can find all of those supplies, including the stamp set, at Sparkle N Sprinkle. I added some dots to the frogs for a froggy texture to their skin (more like a toady texture!).

I know I like the rain, but the farmers around here surely have had enough. The corn is usually as tall as I am by now, but this year it is about 2 - maybe 3 feet high. A lot of water. If you have seen the Missouri River, you know what I am talking about. That is about 3 hours east of us. So while I love not watering the lawn, I do empathize with my farmer friends.

Well, one more day at home, and then off to Utah for a week! Wow, this summer is flying.....
Have a great day!

Stamps: Frogs by Sparkle N Sprinkle
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Mellow Moss, Certainly Celery, River Rock, PTI White 
Ink: VersaMark, Copics
Accessories: photo corner punch, Cuttlebug EF, Black Detail and Bullfrog EP, striped grosgrain ribbon, Spellbinders circle dies, brads

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Your weather sounds like ours in Florida! What's it doing so far out west? LOL The card is darling, Judy. What a froggy feel the card has! Kissy Kissy $2.00

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!