Wednesday, June 1, 2016

IT'S GIRAFFE WEEK!!

Yay! It's GIRAFFE WEEK here at Joy in a JAR. Most of my stamping friends (and non-stamping too!) know I love giraffes. I have been collecting since my first year of college, and have quite a few different kinds (and I say that meaning I have hundreds.....)  -- including stamps! So I thought it would be fun to share some of my giraffe cards, both old and new, and giraffe stuff with you this week, June 1-7. So Happy June and Happy Giraffe Week!

First up is this gem. The very first stamps I ever bought way back in the 80's were from Alextamping. I bought a little man, some flowers, and this giraffe:
It's about 2 1/2 - 3 inches tall and sits on a shelf (of honor!) amongst some other things. I love the heart spots! My newest giraffe stamps are from Reverse Confetti with an attempt at a (first) shaker card HERE.

Today I am sharing a mixed media giraffe card. I first made the background with the Hexagon Art Screen by sponging two different dye inks (Soft Suede and Crumb Cake), and lightly spraying with Chocolate and Tangerine. I added some Antique Linen Distress ink to fill in some spaces. I stamped my giraffe and then cut it out, sponging around it with Pumpkin Pie dye ink, and then added Bark pigment ink where its mane should go. I embossed that, and kept the EP where it stayed off the giraffe due to the paper's texture. The right side of the card has a lovely copper sheen that the photo doesn't pick up.


I stamped my leaves with Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss (layered) and then used a brush and water to mute the lines. My sentiment is done with rub-on letters. The heart is grungeboard that I stamped with Bark ink, and then embossed with Copper EP. This was a fun and different card to make - using a stamp, but not using it!

I hope you will stop back by this week to see what else I have to share. I hope to try a little video of my stamp room, and some of the different kinds of giraffes I have, as well as card sharing, of course! And a little prize somewhere in the week to be thrown in, hopefully! Have a great day!
(made for me by my sweet friend, Juliana^)

Paper: watercolor, Safari Mat Stack DP (DCWV), Black Textured (DCWV), Soft Suede
Ink: Antique Linen Distress (Ranger), Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Marigold Morning (retired), Soft Suede Dye Inks (SU!), Stephanie's Sprays in Chocolate, Tangerine (TSOL), Bark (VersaColor)
Accessories: grungeboard heart (TH), glittered leaves (Prima), rub-on letters (Making Memories), Hexagon Art Screen (Color Box), paper piercer, Copper EP (Sparkle N Sprinkle), linen thread
Techniques: piercing, heat embossing, sponging, spraying






2 comments:

  1. Judy, love your Mixed Media card- the giraffe and all of the details are amazing!! Thanks for sharing your love for giraffes and that first stamp is adorable!! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations and giraffe stamps - hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool!!!
    I really like how the halo of the giraffe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!