Wednesday, August 22, 2018

My Favorite Cardmaking Time of Year!

Hello friends!

While my favorite holiday to celebrate is Valentine's Day, and to decorate for is Christmas, my favorite card making time is Halloween! We don't even really do Halloween anymore now that our kids are grown (I loved making their costumes when they were young), but I love the many colors you can use in Halloween designs for cards. I make more of those than any other card for holidays.

Picket Fence Studios has the most adorable Halloween sets. The sentiments are varied, unique, and FUN! Here is my first one of many Halloween cards to come over the next two months!

This card was inspired by jjbolton.org. I cased one of her gorgeous cards using the same idea with silhouettes and cloudy Halloween colors. I hand cut my  stencil using one of the graph papers from my MISTI -- nice and thin and leaves no "white edge" when you blend.


Using my Life Changing brushes, I began to blend the colors from the bottom up, light to dark. I used Distress Oxide inks for all but my pink - I grabbed the regular Distress Ink instead, and didn't even notice :) Isn't the blending nice with those brushes (gold, yellow, orange, pink)? As I moved higher up to the darker colors, I added texture on top of the blended ink with sponge daubers for an ethereal look.

I stamped my witch, bats, sentiment and cat from WICKED TOGETHER using my MISTI and VersaFine Onyx Black ink (still my favorite and I've tried them all!).

I added some sparkly diamond cardstock behind the main panel (Have had it forever - don't know the company!), and as a little circle base for my sparkly bat sticker (from my stash of Halloween card things!).

The original sponged card base was too wide (so I would have room to work) and I cut strips off of each side before I stamped my images (You can see the strips in the background). Those pieces decorated the inside along with a sparkly witch's shoe sticker (Forgot to take a photo!).

I love how it turned out! You can see the complete stamp set below.


Challenges: Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes #306

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing instructions and more photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!