Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches #373

It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch at FreshlyMade Sketches! Kim is our hostess today, and has a fun sketch for you to try out! The team came up with such a variety of ideas for inspiration, so be sure to check them out HERE.

I will admit I struggled with this sketch, and had all sorts of things on my desk that just weren't clicking. But when I finally thought of the diagonals first, the Ocean Waves stamp came to mind, and I knew I had found my design.


I decided on a range of blue shades, and colored the waves with a variety of Copic markers. My Sentiment is from Weathering the Storm Together. I love those words. 

I flipped the sketch to better fit the sentiment in with the curve of the waves.

Come play along with us. Our challenge is open until 3 PM EST on Monday!







9 comments:

  1. It's fabulous! That wave is amazing - and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those waves are a great choice for the diagonal layer. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Judy! I just love those waves! They are fantastic! Such a great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy,

    Your card is very powerful, both visually and the sentiment. What a great take on this sketch. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, another outstanding card, Judy! Sounds like several of us struggled with these diagonals, but your card looks like it was a breeze- diagonal perfection, lol! Clever girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a clever take on the sketch. That wave stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity and statement these waves make! What a great card Judy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!