Sunday, August 11, 2019

Mixed Media With Visible Image Stamps


Wow, did summer ever fly! I am a Guest Designer with Visible Image for the summer, and I can see that's coming to an end soon! School starts here next week; what about where you live?

Today I am sharing a fun Mixed Media project using Glimmer of Light. It was especially fun, because whatever happened, even if it didn't work out like I thought it might, I just kept playing and adding, and ended up with a project that I love.

I first chose one of my monoprints that I made this summer with my sister. I used Liquitex paint and my GelPress for that. The second step was to use DOX ink in Squeezed Lemonade and the Two Tone Stencil (dots) and blend the ink randomly through the stencil using my small brush from my Life Changing Brushes. Paint and DOX don't mix well as far as drying ability, so I embossed the dots with WOW! Clear Embossing Powder. I stamped the hanging lights in VersaFine Clair Nocturne, and embossed those with Clear EP.

The moth was stamped on a "brayer cleaning sheet" (just rolling to get paint off during printmaking) with Nocturne ink, and then embossed with Clear EP. I fussy cut him out, and popped him up with Foam Mounting Tape.

I stamped the sentiment in two corners of the panel (Melon Mambo Ink/Stampin' Up!), and then sponged in color around the edges of the entire cardstock piece. I colored the bulbs with a Y06 Copic marker, and added Diamond Stickles to the electrical centers. I mounted it on a black cardstock panel, and then a gold cardstock panel. I finished the edges with sponging on Delightful Dijon ink (Stampin' Up!).

The inside of the card was stamped in Melon Mambo and Nocturne ink for a dual mixed media look.

Did you notice the skull on the moth's body? It's a Death's-head hawkmoth. Cool, huh? There are three different kinds out in the world, but here is a picture of one of them (Wikipedia):

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this step-out tutorial!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!