Monday, December 4, 2023

My Favorite Poinsettia Color! What's Yours?

It's December! Can you believe it?! We have a new challenge at The Flower Challenge and it's perfect for the holiday season - Use Gold!

It's no surprise that I love pink, and that my favorite poinsettia color is also pink. I like the delicate color of the leaves. So I knew the Christmas Poinsettia Star (PFS) had to be pink - with gold!


I chose some beautiful metallic papers from CutCardStock for my background mats. I stamped the poinsettia on Bristol in Versamark ink, and then embossed with Ranger Gold embossing powder. I watercolored using my Kuretake paints, and fussy cut. 


I stamped my sentiment (from String of Lights - PFS ) in Versamark and embossed that on the music paper. I tied some gold metallic thread (Kreinik) around the top for extra shimmer. I love how it turned out!

I hope you will join us at The Flower Challenge this month!


2 comments:

  1. *gasp* This card is stunning, Judy! I love your pink poinsettias, I always use red, thanks for inspiring me with your beautiful blooms and exquisite gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the music as a background for your beautiful pink poinsettia, Judy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!