Sunday, March 22, 2020

Let's Decorate A Cake!

Cake decorating is such an amazing art. I am in awe of those of you that can pipe beautiful designs, and in awe of those TV shows where cakes are ridiculously not like a cake!

But -- I do love stamping and decorating cakes -- especially when it's so easy to do with LET'S DECORATE from Picket Fence Studios! I have two cards to share using this set. First up is pink - my favorite color.



I made my background of circles first, using Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink and a small 2 1/2" circle stencil from PFS. I stamped my cake and flower decor separately with VersaFine Clair Nocturne, colored with Copics, and then cut out using the coordinating dies. The sentiment is from CHEAT DAY, also from PFS. A few sequins from the same color family, and it was ready to go. I used Silver Metallic cardstock for my background for a party atmosphere. Links to the products are below.


The next card uses colors from the Color Throwdown! I used just the corners of the QUATREFOIL BOUQUET stencil with Abandoned Coral DOX and colored the cake and stand with Copics. Some patterned paper for an added layer, and this second card is a peachy beauty!

Challenges:
Color Throwdown #585
2 Sisters On The Blog - #37 - Dots and/or Stripes



3 comments:

  1. Nice card.
    thank you for sharing it with us.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice.
    thank you for sharing it
    NIcolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pink card! Great idea of using circle stencils.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!