Friday, May 1, 2020

WOW! It's a HOP!


Welcome to Day 1 of the Picket Fence Studios Collaboration Hop with WOW! Unrivalled Embossing Powders! Our teams have joined forces to show you some amazing projects today and tomorrow! If you have arrived from Ashlee McGregor's blog, you are right on target. The entire hop list for today is below.

Today I am sharing two cards. The first is made using Succulent Green Paper Glaze, Seahorse Sprinkles and Montserrat Embossing Glitter (Caribbean Trio).

My stencil is the Floral Damask Stencil. I applied the Glaze to my cardstock through the stencil using a palette knife and let it dry for a few minutes. I then took off the stencil and sprinkled Seahorse Sparkles in various places. I didn't cover the entire glazed panel, as I wanted some of the shiny glaze to show on its own.


I cut my stenciled panel with a circle die, and the cut out my I Miss You Word Die in black and vellum. I embossed half of the word die with the AMAZING Monserrat Embossing Glitter. It is the COOLEST. Glittery goodness and puffy delights too. I love how it looks on the gray cardstock.


For my base panel, I used the same stencil as an embossing folder, running it through my Big Shot. This added some nice subtle texture on the card base and stretches your stencils too. I added a panel of handmade paper to the middle, and popped up the stenciled panel. Classy and elegant look. What do you think?


For my second card, I used the gorgeous Swallowtail Butterfly stamp for a mixed media project.

I made a monoprint using my GelPress and some Liquitex acrylic paints and then embossed the butterfly on top with VersaMark and Primary Ebony Embossing Powder. I used the same ink and powder on the sentiment (Color Heals the Soul). I added a few sequins for bling.

No blog hop is complete without a PRIZE! WOW! Embossing Powders is giving away a $25 Gift Certificate (to either USA or UK), and Picket Fence Studios is giving a $50 Gift Certificate. Winners will be drawn at random from all comments on the posts in the hop. To join this giveaway, you must leave a comment on each blog post both days. Winners will be announced on the WOW! and PFS blogs the week of May 11th.

I am also giving away a PRIZE! I will draw a winner from all comments on my blog on May 11th. My winner will receive a brand new mystery stencil from Picket Fence Studios!

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my creations. You can follow me on Instagram at @joy_in_a_jar.
NEXT UP on the hop is the amazingly talented Karen J Reategui. You will love her gorgeous florals!

WOW! Embossing Powder Blog
Ashlee McGregor
**Judy Rozema**
Karen J Reategui
Ilina Crouse
Amber Rain Davis
Becky Roberts
Dunja Traumann
Angela Bode
Lisa Henke
Ericka Strange
Ceal Pritchett
Picket Fence Blog - Michelle

 

39 comments:

  1. beautiful cards, LOVE your butterfly background, that really pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background on your butterfly card is so cool!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are stunning! I adore the butterfly!
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are fabulous!!! But that butterfly! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about your first card; the design, colors, embossing powder! Gorgeous! The background on the butterfly card is so neat! The black contrast of the butterfly really sets it off! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful! Nice added details make them extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are beautiful but the butterfly is stunning on that bright background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Judy and I love the backgrounds especially with the butterfly! Gorgeous job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. They are each so different from each other, Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! Beautiful colors, designs and fabulous shine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such awesome cards. Love the butterfly...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colors! I LOVE the teal shell background! Beautiful butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, how fabulous. Love the embossing powders and texture, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful and sparkly! I love that butterfly image & your card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty cards. That butterfly stamp is beautiful. You did a fantastic job with it. Glitter is probably my favorite craft supply, so I love all the glittery goodness on your card. Your handmade paper looks fantastic! I'd love to know how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are truly amazing thank you for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are stunning! You created some truly beautiful backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great look to the cards. Good use of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very stunning cards! What beautiful glaze and embossing powder. I really liked the gel press background and embossed monarch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful projects showing off the embossing powders!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how the glaze looks and how you added the sparkle over part of it. i also really liked how you cut that out in a circle for the focal point. The colors on the background of the butterfly are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of your cards have great color combinations. I love the mix of sparkles on the damask card, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the stencil design and the glittery sparkle on your first card! Beautiful butterfly and background on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Thanks for the amazing inspiration! The first card is very elegant. And I love the amazing background and the beautiful butterfly silhouette on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was awestruck by the Swallowtail Beauty card it is gorgeous. Great collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic work on both cards, the butterfly is so regal! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The first card is elegant and beautiful.
    Love the blaze of colors on the second.
    The butterfly is gorgeous.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very classy and elegant for sure! Teal is one of my favorite bling colors and this is just beautiful. Sorry, but I cannot wrap my head around that butterfly (not just here, but every one who has used it). I think it's too much body and not enough wing and comes across as very creepy to me. But...That would be great for Halloween though. Stay safe! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a gorgeous stencil, love the sparky embossing powder. That subtle texture on background is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The first card was gorgeous with the Seahorse WOW ep but you even did this second one with the ebony that is stunning as well!! Two totally different cards and yet both are so exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love both your cards, they are just amazing, the glaze and the ebony wow ep is awesome in the circle focal point.. Really really love it.. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW - WONDERFUL cards!
    LOVE your BOLD and VIBRANT butterfly, ADORE your ELEGANT and SPARKLING miss you, such a DELIGHTFUL design!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love all of the sparkle on your first card, and your mixed media card is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous use of the embossing powders! I love the floral damask with the turquoise - and that big butterfly is stunning on the print.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!