Monday, July 27, 2020

Stencils and Backgrounds

Good morning all!
It's kind of incredible that summer is slipping away when I still feel stuck in March. How about you? Well, I am still playing with stencils from the June release at Visible Image Stamps, so that tells me summer really was here! (That, and the fact is was 101 degrees earlier this week!)

I love working with my GelPress and making monoprints. Today's card shows one that I did awhile back (maybe even a year ago!) when my sister was visiting. I used one of my favorite texture makers, bubble wrap! The print was made with acrylic paint (Arteza) on the gel plate, paint on the bubble wrap itself, and then back onto the GelPress plate. I lay my stencil (DAISY DAISY) down on the dry monoprint, and blended both Picked Raspberry DOX ink, and Simon Hurley Crown Me dye ink to pick up the stencil design. Using my Wendy Vecchi Make Art STAY-tion board is a MUST! The magnets hold the stencil so I can easily move them, and there is no need for tape. I have both sizes!


I chose one of the new stamp sets, EQUALITY HOPE & LOVE, and stamped it using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. I embossed the entire panel with WOW! Clear Embossing Powder.


I found a beautiful purple cardstock in my stash, and used that for the second panel, with black cardstock for the base. I love how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Challenges:


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Judy! This is fabulous! I'm totally in love with this beauty! You an absolutely amazing job with this stenciled background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!