Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #446

It's Wednesday, and that means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! The sweet and talented Linda is our hostess for this week, and she has a slightly different kind of sketch this week: a slimline card!

I must admit, I had yet to try this popular size, and I did have fun making it! I used the Forever Fern Bundle from Stampin' Up, along with the coordinating designer paper.

I started by stamping and cutting the various foliage I wanted to use. To get the different colors of ink of one stamp, I just stamped here and there with four varying colors, and then used my MISTI to restamp to add more of one color or another.
In the coordinating die set, there are a lot of dies that don't have matching stamps. I used several of those for my little grouping, pouncing Delicata Gold on the ends, and then embossing with Gilded Embossing Powder from Brutus Monroe. I did the same for the sentiment banner, just randomly adding gold ink here and there.
I cut an oval to "hold" my foliage grouping, and stamped a few of the random dots stamp on it using Mossy Meadow ink.

I grounded the grouping with Krenik metallic gold thread across the bottom of the card. The card base has a canvas texture, and you can see a little of it peeking out on the sides behind the sentiment banner.


I hope you will join us with your take on the sketch this week! Our challenge is open until 3 PM EDT on Monday.


Click on the links on the FMS blog by each photo to see what lovely things my teammates have created on their blogs!


9 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous stamp set and paper combo and you can do so much with it.....and you showcased it beautifully! I love the added gold! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fresh and pretty! I love all of the greens, and the little touches of gold are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the greens and gold! Fabulously layered design, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Judy! This card is just gorgeous! I love that SU Bundle and had been debating purchasing it! The random gold accents look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! What an amazing card. I love how you added little touches of gold. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy. Cow! This is absolutely stunning! Let me just pick my jaw up off the floor. Judy, Judy, Judy. This is my all time favorite card of yours. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! And the gold embossing really takes this gorgeous card to a whole other level!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, seriously! This is honestly just spectacular. The gold takes it completely over the top. I adore every single detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!