Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Miniature Creations

Happy December, Everyone! It's a new month, and a brand new challenge has launched today: Mini Marvellous Masterpieces! I am pleased to be a part of the Design Team, as small things are such fun to make! You can read all about the new challenge and the details HERE.

But first, before you go, I want to share my miniature creation with you! I made a cute tag - probably my last "fall" creation (although you never know!) for the year. We have had the loveliest temperatures for November. Usually we are in cold and blustery snow, but this past week we had mid 50's and it was delightful. We were able to get outdoors and take some short road trips with our dog, Sophie, AND hang the outside Christmas lights without a coat!

So -- my tag today was inspired by the MMM Mood Board, which you can see below. I chose the beautiful leaves and colors for my inspiration. The best part about this tag is that all of the elements were in my "unfinished box." Things I had started to use, or made previously, but never put together - with the exception of the sentiment.

I cut the tag from a watercolored square that was in my mixed media prints and paints. It pulled many of those mood board colors in. I love that little corner of Bundled Sage DOX in the lower right - a darker and cooler green that is peeking into the tag. The gold and burgundy leaves are Ash Leaves Dies from Picket Fence Studios. The sentiment is from the beautiful Phoenix Rising stamp set by Visible Image Stamps. My stamped leaf was watercolored and then fussy cut. I added my favorite gold metallic thread from Kreinek, and two types of twine at the top. Here is the mood board that we hope will inspire you too!

Our challenge is open for two weeks, so you have plenty of time to create! Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has made; there are 3D projects, jewelry, tags, ATCs and more! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!