Friday, January 22, 2021

Join Me For Coffee! Festive Friday #0076

Happy Friday! I hope you have had a good week!

Today there is a new challenge up at Festive Friday! The Year of the Ox begins the upcoming Chinese New Year, and we're celebrating by choosing things from the #FF 0076 Inspo List! If you are new to the FF Challenges, you can choose any three items (or more!) from our list to inspire your creativity. Your card does not have to be about the Chinese New Year, as you can see from my submission this week!


For my card today, I am using one of my favorite coffee sets, Coffee With A Splash, by Altenew. I started by stamping two of the images with WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad, and then embossing with WOW! Metallic Gold Rich Pale Powder. This is a beautiful opaque powder, that has a subtle brassy look.

I then began watercoloring, using Karin Markers in three shades of red for the cup, and three shades of brown for the ring mark. Once that was dry, I began adding three different DOX inks, different layers at a time, for the background. I love how it turned out! I added a sentiment from the stamp set using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.


But - that was only two things from the list: red and gold. For my third, I chose a gorgeous foil paper from Recollections. It's actually a tree ring design, but it added so much interest to the card as a back panel:


I hope you will join us for this challenge. Remember, you can choose any three from the list, for any occasion or theme! The challenge is open until Monday, February 1. 
For more inspiration, visit the rest of the FF Team:

Ann Schach

Beth McCullough

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert

Melanie Hungerford

Helen Jennings

Stephanie Lanzalotto

Melva Peters


 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the way you colored the cup and the fabulous background. It would have been so fun to watch you create it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love about this card. You are so attentive to detail - each card is a piece of art. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Judy! I really love this saying. The cup is fabulous, and really "pops" against the amazing background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!