Monday, January 4, 2021

WOW! All The Things!

Happy New Year! This is surely the year for new beginnings, right? If you are like me, I truly look forward to a different year, and some new beginnings in 2021 in many areas of my life.

So to start the blogging year off with something new, I am excited to begin the year with WOW! as a Challenge Design Team Member! My goal for 2021 is to inspire you and show you my favorite techniques using WOW! products. AND -- maybe help you win one of the 12 challenge prizes this year. January's challenge is "WOW all the things!" You can join in on Instagram (use #wowembossingchallenge) or on our group Facebook page: WOW Embossing Powder Fans.

As for everyone, mail is slow, and I haven't yet received my DT package to show you the AMAZING new stuff -- BUT, I am showing you two of my favorite go -to powders for sparkle and shine: Wanderlust and Opaque Bright White.

I started by loosely painting a background with Kuretake watercolors on Canson Cold Press paper. I die cut the Snowflake Alice Die and one of the Winter Snowflake Dies from Picket Fence Studios, and a sentiment from Stampin' Up! in the same paper. Using my WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad, I embossed the sentiment first in Bright White, and then in Wanderlust. I tapped the edges of my large snowflake in the ink as well, and embossed the tips of the snowflake with the Wanderlust for extra shimmer. I finished off the card with some of my favorite silver metallic thread (Kreinik) and clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), and adhered it to a dark lavender base to match the watercolor background.

After being at the beach in North Carolina for Christmas (and in the water!), we came home to about four inches of snow, so the homecoming inspired me to make a snowflake card! I know there is plenty more to come in the next few months of this year. Might as well be jolly about it! Ha!

I would love you to follow me here, on my Facebook page, or on Instagram this year (see the sidebar for links). Thank you to all of you who already do! I hope your new year brings lots of crafty fun. Take a look at the amazing half off price on open stock MISTIs below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!