Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #516

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! The oh-so-talented Narelle is our hostess today!

I am a sucker for pink Christmas cards. Pink, anything, really! I love all the stitching on these snowflake dies from Stampin' Up! And the matching designer paper makes it easy to whip up a pretty card! Now the issue is just getting my cards in the mail. But -- I think it's fun to get holiday cards all month long, even through the new year. So hopefully the recipient of this one will enjoy it no matter when it arrives.

I cut the Joy die (Peace & Joy - SU!) four times (three with white and one with silver) to add dimension and make it stand out among the busy background. I like how the white gives it a little bit of an outline when you see it from an angle. I added little clear gems on two of the snowflakes, and a third gem on the card base below the white snowflake (for that "rule of three" - ha!).


I hope you will join our sketch challenge, and add your creations to our gallery! This challenge is the last for 2021, will end at 3:00 EST time on Monday, January 3. Tons of play time! Be sure to take a peek at the gorgeous cards my teammates have made on the FMS blog to inspire you! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope my recipients feel as you do, because I am taking my cards to the PO tomorrow! Today was my first day well enough to be out in 15 days! Sheesh. I LOVE your snowflakes. How cool that you have coordinating snowflake DP AND it's pink! This is a joy to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore that paper! So gorgeous with your use of the pink, white and silver snowflakes and "joy"! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pink! Such a pretty card and I love the DSP too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!