Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #533

 It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches! My lovely Canadian friend and avid hiker, Jen B, is our fabulous hostess this week!

This sketch had me stumped until early this morning when I couldn't sleep! Sometimes I have too many ideas and then get nothing done, as in this case. Believe it or not, everything I used (except the card base, sentiment, and pearls) were already in my unfinished projects box. That's where I throw everything I don't use for a particular project that I have cut or colored. Sometimes when my idea tank has tanked, I go to the box and make myself use stuff from there. So off I went at 1 AM. I could not believe I had these three lime green stitched strips (Pretty Pink Posh) from another FMS project earlier this year. They were perfect! And that flower and leaf just didn't fit on a slimline I did awhile back. I stamped the sentiment (The Greetery) on my already die cut textured white card panel, and just built from there. It was fun!
I hope you will join our sketch challenge, and add your creations to our gallery! This challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, May 2. Be sure to take a peek at the gorgeous cards my teammates have made on the FMS blog to inspire you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't believe you created this card at 1 AM! You're crazy!!! I love it though! Love those bright colours and that pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green stripe showing through the flower! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this design grew out of leftover bits and pieces, because it is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did this at 1am? I'm impressed! Such a wonderful card that looks so carefully curated - not at all from a bits and pieces box!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!