Saturday, February 4, 2012

I am Guest Hostessing the IC Today! Come Play!

See my updated For Sale post with pictures HERE.

Today I am excited to be Guest Hostessing my favorite challenge at Splitcoast - the Inspiration Challenge! I hope that you will check it out and play along!

This week’s Inspiration Challenge comes from a site that makes me long for spring! Charleston Gardens Home and Garden Collection has a wide variety of indoor and outdoor items for any size garden. I chose this beautiful clock/thermometer for my inspiration piece and came up with this:
I stamped my image from Artistic Outpost in Memento Black ink, and then cut out using my Grand Calibur and a Spellbinders die. I sponged on Antique Distress Linen ink, and then added some Kaiser Champagne pearls. The leaves are a new-to-me Sizzix die and the bird is a Martha Stewart punch. The Cuttlebug embossing folder was perfect for my theme.
3733 Bird Clock/Thermometer by Charleston Gardens
There are many really neat garden items at this site. Come play along!

Other challenges for this card:
Catch The Bug - February Anything Goes
Drunken Stampers - Use Something New (Sizzix die)
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Die Cut or Punches
 
Stamps: Serenity by Artistic Outpost
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Basic Gray, Basic Black, PTI White, Stash DP
Ink: Memento Black, Antique Distress Linen
Accessories: pearls, Sizzix die cut, Spellbinders die cut, Kaiser pearls, Cuttlebug EF, MS bird punch

6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Judy! I used the same EF and similar colors on my blog card yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love the black and white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love that image and the leaf die. The color combo is delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining us on SSDS - hope to see you again soon! Love the embossing!
    :)
    Tammy, SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this! But I always love black and white... you have inspired me for my next card to make!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes Challenge" with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!