Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Timeless Tuesday #239 - Pointilism

This week’s Timeless Tuesday challenge brought to us by Hostess Allison is to…

Create a card or project using DOTS to color your back ground and/or part of your image.  This technique is known as POINTILLISM  (FTTC239).


I love this technique and used it to color my image as well as my background.
 
My images are from Flourishes' Love Notes. I stamped the guitar with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored in with my Copics using all dots. I left it a little open and not so blended to match the theme of the card. 
I added Light Blue Chevron Twill ribbon and an embossed button with blue twine to add some color.  Not many other frills, as I wanted this to be more on the masculine side.
Read all about our challenge and find a tutorial on pointillism HERE. Take a moment a leave a comment on the Friends of Flourishes Team member blogs and our guest designer for September…


Other challenges:
Cards For Men - must be masculine - String or Twine 
Ooh La La Creations - Cards for Men
 

Stamps: Love Notes (available at i {heart} papers)
Ink: Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Glitz DP, Poptone Sweet Tooth, SU! Basic Black
Accessories: Light Blue Chevron Twill, SB dies, button (Buttons Galore), twine

12 comments:

  1. Your card this week is totally RAWKing Judy! Great colouring of your back ground - love the touch of teal in there! Great card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine card Judy! The dots are done perfectly! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nifty maschline cards, like the technique, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, Judy! I LOVE the layout and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the grey and white with the blues! Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep....YOU totally rock Judy!!! fabulous card! My friends friend is quite famous here for his pointilism art, where I am not a huge fan, I can totally appreciate how wonderfully talented he is. I have to say that I have noticed a few techniques where people do dots around their image and I love that!! note to self...do that technique! lovin your dotty card Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful masculine card with great color and design.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cards for Men. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new here. First of all, I love your title, "Joy in a Jar." How cute is that? I LOVE your card-great for a guy or anyone who can totally rock a guitar! I will be back to visit! Love your site; love your work! Bye for now..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for a man. Fabulous colours. Thanks for sharing with us at the Ooh La La Challenge. Michelle x DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, this is a ROCKIN' man card! Love the way your pointillism turned out, and it looks great with the geometric design in the die cuts and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome masculine card, Judy! Great colors and I've always loved pointillism!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab male card, great for any occasion. Love the black and white with a splash of blue! So glad you joined us for our String it Up Challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!