Tuesday, April 23, 2019

"Clean Up" Background

Hello friends! I know many of you have tried monoprinting using a Gel Press, or similar tool. It's tons of fun to make beautiful prints. But -- inbetween those prints, what do you do with your brayer?
Don't clean it with water just yet! Run in on a piece of cardstock set to the side (I use Georgia Pacific White for these). Every time you add new color and need to clean, just roll it on cardstock right over the top of the previous color. And then save those pieces for just the right occasion. It may take awhile, but you'll know when you see it!

I'm using a new release today called BFF GIRL KATE with a sentiment from YOU GOT THIS. The background is one of my "brayer cleaning papers" from monoprints with acrylic paints. The gold squares are negative die pieces from a card I made recently with glitter cardstock. Just kind of a crazy idea to stick them on there, but they were on my desk, and I thought, Why not? So I painted her shoes and bag buckle with Gold Nuvo Glitter Pen to match! 
A little mixed media love! She looks pretty hip, don't you think?
Don't miss out on the 20% savings when you buy the BUNDLE - stamp and die together!
Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. She certainly is hip, Judy! Great card and I love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great car, love your background and image. Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs. Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!