Monday, October 28, 2019

Charlie the Chameleon says #STAYWEIRD

Hello Reptile Friends! Did you know that it was National Reptile Awareness Day last week? I have a red-eared slider water turtle that has lived with us for over 25 years, and we love our reptile. He is not as quite as colorful as Charlie The Chameleon, though! Charlie is one of the new October releases from Picket Fence Studios, and comes with a coordinating die! 
I happen to love orange and pink, and end up using it a lot on my monoprints. I stamped Charlie and the "color" sentiment in VersaFine Clair Nocturne right on my monoprint. This ink doesn't dry well on paint surfaces, so I embossed with clear embossing powder to set the ink and add some shine. 

The background was taken from my brayer "cleaning sheet," which is one of my favorite ways to use those. They make for interesting, textured backgrounds that are totally unplanned! I stamped #STAYWEIRD and two cute crickets (the ONLY time crickets are cute) on the background and used a little bit of a heat gun to dry the ink. The "cleaning sheets" aren't as loaded with thick paint, so the ink dries fine on those. 
I used a contrasting chameleon color for my card base and enamel dots. I think he is super cute, don't you? 


 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!