Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #420

It's Wednesday, and that means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today's hostess is Jen T. with a classic circle. 

I had intended to do something totally different with this sketch, and had made my ink blended stencil for the circle (which you will see down the road!). I was looking for a sentiment to put with it, and pulled out my little drawer of "unfinished cards and pieces." As I was going through it all, I noticed several elements that would fit together! Everything I needed for today's sketch was already cut or colored, included the checked background and the separate circle. So all I had to do was arrange it and make a card base! Kind of a fun way to go off in a different direction, while using things right on my desk.

Another fun part was seeing all of these different products from different companies coming together to make a fun, mailable greeting for a friend:
Card base and circle: Core'dinations Canvas CS (American Crafts)
Patterned paper: Echo Park Coffee 6x6 Pad
Flowers: Picket Fence Studios Flowers for Picking
Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Simple Strips/Die 
Whimsy Stamps Honeycomb Pattern Die
The little bees are from some die cuts I had in the drawer, but from an unknown company.


I think I would like to add some sparkle in the flower centers with rhinestones, so I may add a few of those later. What do you think?


I hope you will join us with your take on the sketch this week! Our challenge is open until 3 PM EST on Monday, February 3. Click on the links on the FMS blog by each photo to see what lovely things my teammates have created on their blogs!



Other challenges:


8 comments:

  1. This is total cuteness Judy! Love it just the way it is. Those little bees!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEE-utiful card! Love how all your scraps came together to make this. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black, white, and yellow are one of my absolute favorite color combos so I adore this card! I especially love the bold buffalo plaid background and how it really allows the flowers, honeycomb, and bees to take center stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee - utiful! Perfect colors and just a honey of a card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I totally love this card! Great job! Thanks for sharing it with us at UYS and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this card is just the sweetest! I love those little bees and the flowers are beautiful! The black and yellow look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no need to add anything on this card, Judy! It is just perfect as it is! I love how cheery it is with this bright sunny color palette, the pretty flowers and the cute bees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!