Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #428

It's Wednesday, and that means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today's hostess is Amy. I am thankful for this distraction and that I have this crafting hobby to take my mind off of the events of the world.

I always love a sketch with a circle. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to do a kind of spotlight with the new tulip set from Picket Fence Studios



I used my Blender Brushes and Mustard Seed DOX ink to create the spotlight circle, then stamped my tulips and sentiment from EARLY TULIP BOUQUET with Nocturne ink. I added a few purple rhinestones to match the mat cardstock and for a spring color combination.


The inside has some cute gingham and one of the sentiments from the set: "flowers are the earth providing a new perspective." I tore the end of one side for interest.


What do you think? Just for visiting and leaving a comment, you will be entered into my little giveaway! I have a Thank You stamp and Black Hybrid ink pad to give away randomly to a commenter!
You can see those products in the first two links below!

I hope you will join us with your take on the sketch this week! Our challenge is open until 3 PM EDT on Monday, March 30. Click on the links on the FMS blog by each photo to see what lovely things my teammates have created on their blogs!


10 comments:

  1. I love the detail on these tulips and the fun spotlight of pretty yellow is perfect with the sketch. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun design! I like the way you added pretty gingham to the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tulip stamp is calling my name...I just love it!! I really thought that your circle was cardstock...it is blended that perfectly!๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒต

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, your tulip card is so pretty! I love that tulip image! I hope you and yours are well. I am spending a lot of time in my "safe room" (which used to be called the craft room...wink). Aren't we lucky we have this wonderful hobby to help us relieve stress during this scary virus time? Thanks for sharing your pretty tulips card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulips are lovely and the spotlight technique is perfect! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the spotlight technique. You have sold me on those gorgeous tulips!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just gorgeous! I just love those tulips! They are amazing (and my favourite flower)! I love how you've spotlighted them as well! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, I love the clean, calming effect of the card. Great inspiration.
    Stay well, safe and stamp on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful! The spotlight is just so clean and refreshing. And then you add that bit of surprise inside...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the retro styling with a modern twist Judy! Gorgeous colours and I love that fabulous tulip image. I think that lots of us are more grateful than ever for this hobby at this time. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!