Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #429

It's Wednesday (and April - yay!), and that means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! I have the pleasure of hosting today, and have designed a layered sketch for you to try! 

I started by choosing my butterflies - I have had these three remaining from a set of six forever, and decided they needed to make an appearance on a card. April has always been a month of hope to me (spring and Easter and all), and I decided butterflies would be perfect for April 1st.



I then chose three DOX colors to compliment the butterflies: Shaded Lilac, Twisted Citron and Scattered Straw. I used a stencil to blend the circles. I then chose some patterned paper in my stash to match, and one of the sentiments from Simon Says Stamp's All The Thanks.

I hope you will join us with your take on the sketch this week! Our challenge is open until 3 PM EDT on Monday, April 6. Click on the links on the FMS blog by each photo to see what lovely things my teammates have created on their blogs!


Other Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. I love your card, Judy, those butterflies are gorgeous on top of your inked circles. You've given a fabulous sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card with those beautiful butterflies, Judy! I can see why you held onto them and they are the perfect thing with your sketch design. Always a treat to see in you the Player's gallery, thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies are gorgeous -- I love those colors! And that dsp is perfect for Spring. Fun sketch, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wish I had just gorgeous things in my stash! Beautiful colors and a fabulous spring card! Thanks for the fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterflies are stunning! They look great against your stenciled background. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is definitely a card full of hope! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stop-you-in-your-tracks gorgeous. The butterflies are so creative, captivating and stunning.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy this is so very fresh and pretty! Those butterflies are stunning! Thanks for playing Tic-Tac-Toe with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card! I just love those butterflies and the sweet paper! So cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!