Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #434

It's Wednesday, and that means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Linda is our hostess for today, with a sketch that has lots of room for interpretation.

I decided to make a landscape/horizontal card so I could use these gorgeous die cuts from My Mind's Eye (Splendor Collection). 


I started by stenciling in each corner using a combination of Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick DOX. The panel is a textured white cardstock, so it gave some tooth behind the smooth look of the flowers. I arranged my die cuts in a pattern I liked that fit the sketch, popping up the main floral spray, and then added a sentiment strip/die from Taylored Expressions across the top. Pool Party CS (SU!) is the card base I chose to bring out the color of the rectangles and the bottom rose. I finished the card by adding Nuvo Glimmer Pen to the bee's wings, the blue rose, and the pink rose buds.

I hope you will join us with your take on the sketch this week! Our challenge is open until 3 PM EDT on Monday. Click on the links on the FMS blog by each photo to see what lovely things my teammates have created on their blogs!



Other Challenges:

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bouquet! And I love the fabulous background as well. Such a pretty card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. I love the colors, stamps and layout. Gorgeous card. Be safe and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors, layers and details. Exquisite design, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful garden of flowers! This is gorgeous1

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous die cuts - I love how you have grouped them with the frames in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Judy! I just love those die cut flowers! They're so pretty! Love that sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with such lovely flower dies! So many gorgeous layers here! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!