Friday, April 30, 2021

Festive Friday #0083

Wow - the last day of April. My mama's birthday. She would have been 92 todayand got to celebrate 84 of those! I am happy to share a card on her birthday, because she loved to stamp and create, and got me started on my crafting journey way back 40+ years ago, when she taught me to crochet. Happy Birthday, Moot!

Today there is a new challenge up at Festive Friday! If you are new to the FF Challenges, you can choose any three items (or more!) from our list to inspire your creativity. For my card this week, I chose red, blue, and stitching. While I have used my sewing machine on cards before (and LOVE the look), today's stitching is around the circle - made by a die - faux stitching!
On white cardstock I stamped the snail from Mr. Snailman (Trinity Stamps) and colored with Copic markers. I die cut using a stitched circle. Next I chose some fun Doodlebug patterned paper and a doily, and created the main panel. I stamped the sentiment on a cloud die from my stash and popped it up with foam tape.
Isn't he cute?

I hope you will join us for this challenge and link up on the Festive Friday blog. Remember, you can choose any three from the list below, for any occasion or theme! The challenge is open until Monday, May 10.  

Thank a nurse today! International Nurses Day is May 12, 2021. Following on from previous years, the overarching theme for IND is Nurses: A Voice to Lead. The sub-theme for 2021 is A Vision for Future Healthcare.

“This global COVID-19 pandemic has shown the world the important role that nurses play in keeping people healthy across the lifespan,” said Annette Kennedy, ICN President. “While there has been significant disruption to healthcare, there has also been significant innovation that has improved access to care. In 2021, we will focus on the changes to and innovations in nursing and how this will ultimately shape the future of healthcare.”

Thank a nurse today (and on May 12!)


For more inspiration, visit the rest of the FF Team:

Ann Schach

Beth McCullough

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert

Melanie Hungerford

Helen Jennings

Stephanie Lanzalotto

Melva Peters

Judy Rozema<-----you are here!

 







5 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Judy! Everything about it shouts "happy"...the colors, the papers, the snail. Who wouldn't LOVE to receive this card! It's a day brightener for sure. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card and love all the details! So many nurses would be blessed to receive a card of encouragement like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est trop mignon!

    http://patoupassions.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that little snail and the papers you chose to accompany him on his way are perfect. An adorable make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the image and how you colored it. Love how you mixed all the papers and elements to make bright and happy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!