Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #482

Happy Wednesday! It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! And my friend from around the world in New Zealand, Karren, is the hostess!

I have to admit, I am not a slim line card fan - except for the mini! So that's what I worked on for today's sketch. It still had me stumped for awhile, until I was putting away dies and saw the Memory Box Co. Tulip Bouquet die! I went through my stash of "backgrounds that didn't turn out the way I expected" and found this now glorious orange using Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink Spray.

I cut a small section off and flipped it upside down for contrast for the smaller vertical panel of the sketch, and used enamel dots (MME) for the lower. I stamped "so kind" from Whimsy Stamps' YOU ARE clear stamp set, and added some gold metallic thread (Kreinik) at the bottom. The tulip die is adhered with Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue.

I hope you will join our sketch challenge this week, and add your creations to our gallery! This challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, April 26. Be sure to stop at the Freshly Made Sketches blog, and click on the names of my teammates to see the lovely cards they have created this week! 

 I am also entering this into Shopping Our Stash #443 - Plant Life









8 comments:

  1. I love your inky orange background and the delicate die-cuts! Such a pretty card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange background is fabulous and the perfect backdrop for your lovely diecut! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've interpreted this sketch, Judy! Your detailing is subtle enough to still make this appear as a CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is equal parts bold and delicate! Lovely design, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This card is amazing! I just love the bright, background colour and those tulips are so delicate and sweet! A perfect spring card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely sunny take on the sketch! I love how you used dots for the lower panel! This is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background "that didn't turn out" worked perfectly for this card! I love how did the bottom "stripe". It's all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fabulous job with my sketch (which I have to admit stumped me too - go figure!). Love the orange with the white die-cut - so striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!