Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Reach For Your Dreams with Freshly Made Sketches #480

Hello everyone! It's Wednesday and that means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! The incredibly sweet Jen B is our hostess this week!

I will admit, this sketch had me stumped for a bit. I had all sorts of ideas for a horizontal take, but wanted to stay true to her sketch and keep the curvy lines in a vertical position. So I got a little creative. What better way to do that than use one of my many giraffes? And her neck follows the flow of the sketch!

This cutie is from Stamping Bella. I decided to watercolor today, so I stamped my giraffe in VersaFine Clair Nocturne, and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder from WOW! Embossing. I watercolored using Karin markers. I loosely painted a sky, and then added some cute clouds from the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month for March. I added my sentiment, also embossed in Clear EP, with a banner die cut (Spellbinders). I think she is so cute!


I hope you will join our sketch challenge this week, and add your creations to our gallery! This challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, April 12th. Be sure to stop at the Freshly Made Sketches blog, and click on the names of my teammates to see the lovely cards they have created this week! 






7 comments:

  1. I love giraffes. And this one is the cutest. Using the giraffe for the curvy line was genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This couldn't be any more perfect! love love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous take on the sketch! I love your sweet little giraffe! Great colouring and I love I just love the look on her face!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, was this sketch tailor-made for you and your sweet little giraffe girl, or what?!! I just LOVE your design!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is about the cleverest (is that a word?) take on the sketch! Such a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so very clever and so very cute! That giraffe is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is absolutely brilliant, Judy! This giraffe makes such a creative and fun take on the curvy line of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!