Saturday, April 3, 2021

Visible Image Favorites - and Another Year on the Team!

I am so excited to be continuing with Visible Image Stamps for another year. I absolutely love the owners, Helen and Mark, and am inspired by their kindness and art! Today I am sharing several makes I have done lately, and haven't posted yet!

First up is the amazing SAX IT UP stencil. My background is made with acrylic paint, from a brayer “cleaning sheet” and I used Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot DOX inks for the foreground. The sentiment (LOST FOR WORDS) and some of the surrounding area is embossed with clear embossing powder. Perfect for a musician! 

Next up are two tags I made that I absolutely love. The funny thing is, the panel started as a card - which wasn't working out. So I just kept adding things until I was pleased with the result -- and that included cutting into tags!

I started with my favorite Kitsch Flamingo DOX and made a splattered background. I added Picked Raspberry and stenciled on the TEA PARTY STENCIL. You can see it faintly in the background. I still loved it as a card, but then once I added the flowers from IMPERFECTION IS BEAUTY they became beautiful tags! I embossed the flowers with Punch and Ebony Embossing Powder (WOW!), and punched the top for some cute pink twine. A word die (Spellbinders) in gray completed them!

Finally, for today, is this gorgeous new tiger image from the new FEARLESS TIGER set. This realistic image is so majestic and looks great on a background in black, or colored in too! I made a blended and splattered background with DOX inks, embossed the tiger in black, and embossed the sentiment with a fun textured gold powder called Decadent Ruby. I added a background stamp from the new GRUNGE TONES at the bottom in gray ink.

Thanks for stopping by today! You will see many more of my Visible Image creations here and on my Instagram account: @joy_in_a_jar. I would love you to follow me there!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! So many artsy beauties in there, Judy! I'm totally in love with the stunning sax card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!