Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #532

It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches! Kim is our very talented hostess this week, with a design that leaves room to play!


I recently purchased the Triple Slim Layering Stencils: In the Garden (Taylored Expressions), and Kim's sketch was the perfect opportunity to try them out. What fun choosing colors. I stenciled this in about ten minutes. No kidding! 

I used several Distress Oxide inks and my blender brushes, and was done in a jiffy. All I needed now was the sentiment. I had the hugs word die already cut from my unfinished projects box, so I made a vellum "base" for it, and offset it a little to follow the sketch. Those rhinestones (Kaisercraft) are a lovely light pink and match Kitsch Flamingo perfectly. Somehow my gems always turn dark in the photos. The Sizzix embossing folder (Branches and Leaves) was a great mat for the whole thing. 

I hope you will join our sketch challenge, and add your creations to our gallery! This challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, April 25. Be sure to take a peek at the gorgeous cards my teammates have made on the FMS blog to inspire you! 

I am also joining the Color Throwdown this week:
I have some added purple, but it's mostly the colors above!

6 comments:

  1. This is bright and happy and just beautiful! I love it, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! Those flowers are beautiful and I love the bright, cheery colours! That embossing folder is fabulous! This card will definitely make someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! What a fabulous garden you created - such a happy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colours all work perfectly together! What a bright and cheerful card - guaranteed to make the recipient smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!