Sunday, March 26, 2023

Belated Birthday Wishes

What a surprise this morning to find more snow - and a bit of it! We were just having 57 degree days earlier this week! But - I am SO ready for spring and warmer weather, and my card today is hopeful for that.

I love this sentiment from Stamp Simply. While it would be perfect for the inside of a card, I decided to flip it for the outside. The inside actually says "to a dear friend" - and is also available in the same stamp set.

I blended Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar DOX inks and splattered with a few water droplets from a paint brush. Then I stamped the daffodils and sentiment. It would have been perfectly lovely just like that, but I love metallic thread/string and also rhinestones for sparkle, so they got added. The rhinestones are actually a very light pink - the light hits them and makes them look dark! They match the ink and cardstock (link below).

Here's hoping the snow melts quickly. Oh wait - it's going to be 70 on Thursday! Yay!

You can find out more about the products I used on the Stamp Simply Blog today.

Stamp Simply Supplies:

Other Supplies:

  • pink cardstock
  • pink metallic string
  • Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar DOX ink
  • distressing tool (for cardstock edges)
  • liquid glue
  • foam tape



3 comments:

  1. It is a lovely sentiment - and I love the flower you paired it with. The background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is gorgeous and I love that sentiment! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and pretty card Judy! Hoping for Spring too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!