Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #578

Hello! Happy new sketch day from Freshly Made Sketches! Our talented and creative hostess this week is Jacquie! Lots of room to play and fill the main area for this week!

I have always had a thing for sheep. When I was a little girl (about ten), my grandfather gave me a motherless lamb to take care of for the summer. I remember feeding it from a 7-up bottle (glass then) with a big nipple on it. I named my lamb Charlie. Since then, there is something about seeing sheep roam the hills -- of Utah, Nebraska, Wales, Norway... all over the world I look for them. So I loved this image from Woodware. My sister sent it to me as a gift, and I haven't inked it until today. It was perfect for the sketch. I didn't shade or color it as I love it just stamped in black on white! I used a piece of Echo Park patterned paper behind the main panel and tied blue metallic thread around the paper. The sentiment is from the same stamp set (Lino Cut Sheep).


I hope you will join our sketch challenge, and add your creations to our gallery. We would love to see what you make! 

This challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, March 27. Be sure to take a peek at the gorgeous cards my teammates have created on the FMS blog to inspire you. There are some beautiful and very creative designs there! Have fun with the sketch!



8 comments:

  1. I saw your card at the challenge and had to come and say how beautiful it is. I'm a Welsh girl, so sheep are in my heart too. I love your design and pretty paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something this lamb's expression that is so sweet and works perfectly to take center stage with the sketch, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely made card! great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I just love that ewe!!! Sheep are so sweet! I love seeing our mountain sheep out here! Love the pretty paper peeking out from behind the sheep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a truly sweet and it's perfect for you! I love that you left it in black and with a hint of the floral paper peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty image and so perfect for you. Love that you didn't color it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sheep is fabulous as is your card! And by the way, if you want to see sheep, come to New Zealand. They out-number the people :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is a wonderful card! That sheep is amazing - I can hear huim baa-ing all the way here in NY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!