Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #588

We have a new sketch today at Freshly Made SketchesOur hostess today is Jen Mitchell! Our family is headed to the Outer Banks beaches later this month, and that totally inspired me to make this beach themed card. The diagonal angle got moved slightly :) but you know how waves are. They do what they want!

I blended Salvaged Patina for my water (looks like I had a little green on the brush leftover, but it made cool ocean colors!) and Tea Dye DOX for my sand. I embossed the "waves" stamp with Brutus Monroe Alabaster White. The heart was stamped with Frayed Burlap (a little dark after the fact) and the sentiment with Tea Dye. I love how it looks like it's written in the sand. Everyone does that at the beach! I distressed the edges of my main panel mat.

I hope you will join our sketch challenge, and add your creations to our gallery. This week's challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, June 5. Be sure to take a peek at the designs my talented teamies have made on the FMS blog to inspire you!


5 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a great card! I just love the beach theme! Looks so warm and inviting! Love that sentiment! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew this sketch would look so good as a beach theme? You did! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were on the same wave length this week, Judy! Love the texture in your design. From the embossed wave to the sentiment in the sand, it comes together so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet oceanside scene! Such a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this beach scene is fantastic! Such a clever use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!