Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #597

Happy Wednesday! We have a new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches from Jacquie! What awesome ideas she has and cards she makes. Be sure to check out her blog (link at FMS).

I was super happy yesterday when I went out to my garden and found my first pink hydrangea ever. I planted them in too sunny & dry of a spot several years ago, and they just aren't thriving in so much heat and light (can I transplant, gardeners?). But pink is my favorite color and it made me happy and excited that this plant finally bloomed. So -- a pink HAPPY card it is today!

I used the Big Happy sets from Taylored Expressions - stamped and then embossed with some gorgeous WOW! Embossing Glitter Powder. The stencil (Salvaged Patina) is from A Colorful Life Designs. Some sequins and pink baker's twine finishes the card.

And here is my hydrangea!


I hope you will join our sketch challenge this week, and add your creations to our gallery. This week's challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, August 7th. Be sure to take a peek at the gorgeous designs my talented teamies have made on the FMS blog to inspire you!


4 comments:

  1. Happy - this card makes me me! Love the sentiment! And yes the pink hydrangea is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy energy coming off this design, Judy! Love your sweet pink hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such a fun card! I love that big, bold happy! Love all those sequins too!! That hydrangea is beautiful! I can't wait for mine to one day look like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink hydrangea looks lovely - ours are all blue, which I think has something to do with the acidity of the soil. Can you tell I'm not a gardener? And your card is just a bright and cheerful, sure-to-make-someone-smile breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!