Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sunflower Season

This week the Stamp Simply DT has been sharing designs with any of the stemmed florals available in the Store. I had planned to do Iris, but my daughter's sunflowers changed my mind. She had purchased a tiny little sad, lone sunflower in a pot that was about five inches high. Well, have they ever done their thing: "bloom and grow!"

I loved making this card and designing something where the colored sunflower really stood out! I started by stamping the three flower heads down the side, and then adding the crochet lace cut out - my first attempt at cutting that die awhile back - a failure then (nothing would punch out due to a warped plate), but perfect for this card (I save everything like that in a little box). The colored sunflower was embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and then colored with Copics. The other sunflowers/sentiments are just stamped in Nocturne ink.

I love how the die from the Sunflower Season Bundle cuts the word "sunflower." I wanted to used that, and one of the scripture stamps.  I couldn't figure out how to get both on until I remembered to make a little tag! I love tags on cards, and though I recently added tags on other cards I have made, it didn't come to mind right away. Ha.

I love how it turned out! You can see more about this card and the products I used on the Stamp Simply Blog today!



Stamp Simply Supplies

Other Supplies:

  • white, black, olive green cardstock
  • clear embossing powder
  • alcohol markers (Copics)
  • black rhinestone gems
  • liquid glue
  • foam tape


1 comment:

  1. This sunflower really pops against the stamped background and how clever to use that lace die-cut - never pays to throw things away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!