Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Merry & Bright Cactus

 Hello everyone! Judy here today with a special card for my desert family! While lots of snowmen and snowy trees and holly berries abound, I wanted to make a cactus card, as I am from Arizona. While I have not lived there in many years, it still holds my heart!

Today I am using the Prickly Pear Cactus Stamp Set and Dies from Prickly Pear Stamps. I smooshed the background with watercolors, and then "messy" painted my images with Kuretake Paints. The sentiment stamps perfectly, but ended up on a watercolor splatter! I wrapped gold metallic thread around the top of the pot and added Kaisercraft Pearls to the blossom tops (a spring thing, yes, but... it's Christmas magenta!). An embossing folder added the texture to the middle panel. 

I love the desert in all the seasons, but sure miss the warmth in the winter! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!