Sunday, January 14, 2024

Blustery Cold!

Oh my goodness! I hope it's warmer where you are than where I am! We're in a very cold area of the country right now. I think it's about 30 below zero wind chill outside - has been most of last night and today. BRR!! So you can see from where the inspiration (?!) for this card came! 

I made a watercolor background using acetate and two favorite blues from the Distress Oxide line: Smoosh some inks onto a craft mat or glass mat, and add water. Dip a piece of acetate into the wet ink, and apply to watercolor cardstock, until you get the look you like. Dry the layers in-between with a heat gun. I use the Ranger Heat It Craft Tool for watercolor work. 

I stamped the snowflake border and sentiment with VersaFine Clair Nocturne, and my MISTI. Watercolor paper can be a bit hard to get a good impression, so it's always nice to be able to stamp again! I added some Ice Blue Rhinestones for bling. Finally, I took my White Posca Paint Pen and made some snow dots all over the card.

You can see more about the products I used on the Stamp Simply Blog today. Links are below! STAY WARM!

Be sure to check out the 20% off sale on Tim Holtz dies, stencils and folders! Code: TH20.

Stamp Simply Supplies

Other Supplies:

  • light blue cardstock
  • White Posca Paint Pen (snow)
  • acetate for watercolor background
  • Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Inks
  • liquid glue

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely been extremely cold - but I love you how you were inspired!! Your mix of frosty colors is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous but I cannot comprehend that cold! We complain when it gets to zero here! And thanks for the reminder re ink-smooshing - I don't do it enough and it's so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!