Sunday, January 7, 2024

Valentine Iris

Good morning friends!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday and new year celebration! I still have my Christmas decor and tree up, but it will probably have to come down this week. Sad!

Today I am sharing one of the beautiful floral sets from Stamp Simply called Happy Day Iris. It is a versatile set, with a variety of sentiments covering Birthday, Wedding, Anniversary, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Grandparent's Day and general Best Wishes.


I stamped my flowers with VersaFine Clair Nocturne and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder to set the ink. I colored with Copic markers and then spattered with black and white paint. I stamped the top half of the sentiment first "Wishing You A Happy" and then lined up the "Valentine's Day" after. A very simple design, and one that was fun to color.

I used to have these deep purple-blue iris when we first moved here all over my yard. I didn't take any bulbs when we moved to a different house, and wish I had! Maybe this summer I will get some in.

You can find out more about the products I used on the Stamp Simply Blog today!

Stamp Simply Supplies

Other Supplies:

  • dark purple, white cardstock
  • Copic markers
  • black, white watercolor paint (splatter)
  • fishtail stitched banner
  • liquid glue
  • foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I've got some of those deep blue irises in my garden - well not at the moment because they're finished but they are lovely - as is your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!